Friday, December 5, 2008

O_O #2




My computer, well not originally mine, has been a trusty tool in the battle against noobs. Nestled deep within it's clear green case at the heart of the machine is its AMD 2.1Ghz Dual Core processor. While not the fastest processor on the planet it does the job adequately and allows me to multitask efficiently. Right now I have 3 tabs open on Firefox, an AIM conversation going on, and I'm playing WoW without any noticeable strain being placed on the computer. This is partially thanks to its fast OCZ Reaper RAM. Currently storage is provided via a 36gb 10k rpm Raptor HDD used for the things that require a little more speed such as Call of Duty 4. The bulk of my storage is handled thanks to a 250gb external HDD. A simple 17in flat screen LCD monitor displays everything. Speed and accuracy are crucial when fragging noobs during an intense round of CoD4. This is handled via the combination of a Logitech G11 keyboard and a G9 mouse. The keyboard provides extra keys to set up as hot keys. The mouse is perfect for a finger person especially with the textured casing on it. It is a 5 button mouse that has the ability to free wheel the scroll button. You can adjust the sensitivity of the mouse on the fly by simply clicking a button. Most of the time I have it set to 3200dpi for maximum pwnage. Additionally you can change the weight of the mouse my adding or subtracting weights. Of course such a mouse can't have just any old mouse pad. The mouse pad of choice is a one specially for a laser mouse and depicts the classic FPS game Counter Strike. Addorning the case of this mighty machine are various automotive stickers applied by the previous owner, my friend Ryan. There is a Mopar performance parts sticker on the front right below the DVD drive. On the side is a sticker for the Holley Avenger series carbs and ARP fasteners.

With the help of this beast of technology I am able to satisfy my latest gaming addiction, WoW. WoW is a MMORPG which allows me to interact with people all over the world while sitting in my comfy chair at home in the boring town of Seward. While I was typing this I ran through an instance with my friend Ben who lives in Lincoln. Obviously my computer is able to multitask my game and having this window open, unfortunately I do not possess a dual core processor and can't type and play my game at the same time.

No comments: